Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Poster Project




This was our third assignment for Intro to Illustration. The project was to design a poster for an event, so I chose the Carnival De Venecia (Carnival of Venice). I enjoyed doing a more simplified image than I normally do. First I masked the mask with masking fluid, then painted the background with black India ink and Alizrin Crimson watercolor. Then, I used Cerulean Blue watercolor with some Peacock Blue watercolor to make the mask. I also did the text myself! I swear that I wrote "Carnival De Venecia a million times only to realize that I was spelling it wrong :/ I put the text and image in Photoshop and put them together in a file. I think the text came out really well. I need to do more simple images >...> It was interesting that someone in class said this looked like a certain part of the body when you turn it upside down, which was ok with me because the Carnival when it first started was mostly attended by young men (married or not) and prostutes. I wonder what they did during the carnival..hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment